Facility Maintenance Coordinator
JOB TITLE AND LOCATION
Facility Maintenance Coordinator
Milwaukee, WI, Onsite Client Location, Full-Time
The Facility Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating tasks related to physical plant operations (including all buildings and grounds, utilities, energy management and safety/security systems) with the appropriate vendors and internal teams, and supporting the provision of a safe, healthy, comfortable, and welcoming environment for clients, staff and visitors. The individual in this position will track and monitor maintenance and repair activities, contracted services, and custodial services, and maintain the physical operations of Tegrete's client's facilities, including the Capitol Campus and West Bend satellite locations, in addition to meeting budgetary and strategic objectives. The Facility Coordinator is expected to carry out all of the duties of this position independently with minimal supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Campus/Facility Operations, Scheduling, and Utilization Management (30%)
• Receives, coordinates, and processes work order requests by communicating with Tegrete (the client's Facility Management Company) and ensuring problems are resolved quickly.
• Understands Business Operations and use of building by each division and communicates with business personnel appropriately.
• Supports staff with facility preparation (including set up and take down) for events on Campus.
• Communicates Campus Events schedule and needs with Tegrete.
• Stays current with campus use, including being aware of and ready for facility events on campus; including both employee and guest events, and events held inside and outside.
• Ensures that the Campus is safe, clean and functional.
• Serves as the primary contact for emergency calls during and outside of business hours.
• Expands job knowledge to mitigate risk and support overall safety efforts by staying abreast of industry trends, compliance requirements, as well as current facilities management practices.
•Performs routine facility inspections and monitors cleanliness.
•In the event of an emergency, takes appropriate steps to mitigate emergency situation as the primary point of contact, including the possibility of returning to the facility after hours or on weekends.
Proactive/Preventative Maintenance Measures (30%)
• Performs regular documented building walkthrough inspections to identify repairs and preventive maintenance issues.
• Coordinates the interior and exterior preventative maintenance of the building ensuring that all work is in compliance with applicable building codes and safety standards.
• Monitors all city permits and required inspections to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
• Initiates ongoing communication with key building stakeholders in program and administrative divisions to successfully manage facility maintenance and safety issues.
• In partnership with Tegrete, ensures building and grounds are in compliance with the requirements, standards, and/or expectations of contract partners, regulatory agencies, accreditation bodies, property, casualty, liability and workers comp insurers and auditors, and other partners.
• In partnership with Tegrete, engages in daily, weekly, quarterly planning to achieve completion of routine and preventative maintenance of all building facilities and property.
Capital Project Management, Vendors, Contractors and Outsourced Services (15%)
• In partnership with Tegrete, serves as project manager and/or owners’ representative on assigned capital improvement projects, building renovations and major repair projects.
• In partnership with Tegrete, directs, schedules, and oversees external contractors (for example, plumbers, electricians, arborist, HVAC, etc.) and outsourced service providers (for example, housekeeping, snow removal, etc.). Focused on the core values to ensure external partners deliver the highest level of quality at a competitive price point.
Client Engagement (10%)
• Tegrete's client is committed to the philosophy and practice of trauma informed care including the participation of all employees in an active understanding and promotion of the client's trauma informed care model, The Seven Essential Ingredients.
• These ingredients include Prevalence, Impact, Perspective Shift, Regulation, Relationship, Reason to Be, and Caregiver Capacity and form the framework for an environment that maximizes the achievement of positive client outcomes. The Client strives to create and recognize trauma informed champions across all programs and departments.
• All employees must demonstrate a consistent commitment to Tegrete's Client's Seven Essential Ingredients, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and engagement in the strategic initiatives of the organization.
• Contributes to the development and fiscal management of the environmental services budget to include monitoring expenses from staff utilization to building supplies, maintenance costs, and contracts.
• Conducts timely review and processing of all invoices and contract payments.
• Performs inventory management of all building and cleaning supplies and equipment to ensure adequate supply of all necessary products.
Other Duties (5%)
• Participates in assigned meetings, events and learning as required.
• Other duties as assigned, including serving in a coverage role for other department members.
• No supervisory responsibility
•Work hours are 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday with occasional availability during evenings, overnight, and on weekends to accommodate facility needs. This position may require evening and weekend hours and in the event of a building emergency as the first point of contact.
• Interact frequently with employees, contractors, and vendors, and occasionally with visitors, volunteers, people served, and community members under all conditions and circumstances.
• Subject to frequent interruptions with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Moderate exposure to noise.
• Travel in personal/agency vehicles may be required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED/PREFERRED
•Must show initiative, be self-motivated and able to work independently; "can-do attitude".
• Ability to contribute constructive ideas, uses time effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, budgets, and schedules.
• Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to write effective business memos and correspondence.
• Proficient in the usage of computer software; demonstrate an understanding of computer file systems and computer software packages, e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc. Experience with facilities management work order system.
• Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
• Drug screen, motor vehicle report, and background checks are required for this position.
•2 + years of facility management experience.
• Demonstrated experience performing maintenance and facilities services and tasks.
• Demonstrated experience in providing customer service in a work environment with shifting priorities.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
• Availability to work on weekends or after business hours as necessary.
• A valid driver’s license.
Demonstrated understanding of the following:
• Contractor management/coordination.
• Proficient use of hand and power tools.
• Basic plumbing and electrical repair.
• Basic carpentry, painting, and floor repair.
• Fire and life safety procedures.
• Building control and monitoring systems.
• Building security.
• Generators, sprinkler systems or other emergency equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in facilities management, engineering, building trades, or related field preferred.
• Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, as well as move heavier objects using appropriate equipment.
• Must be able to perform the following functions: read, write, lift, walk, stand, sit, squat, kneel, reach over shoulder and head, climb, balance, forceful pushing and pulling, repetitive bending and stooping, repetitive finger and wrist motion and repetitive use of arms and ability to move intermittently throughout the work day.
Must demonstrate attributes consistent with the Tegrete's Client's core values of:
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Share this job posting
Tegrete’s core values are vital for our growth and success. Our company’s vision and culture are all contingent upon solid values, as our overall architecture. These values describe how our employees approach their work and what we deliver to our clients.
Adapt to the needs of our clients, service providers, and co-workers.
Work selflessly for the greater good.
POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE
Strive for and anticipate the best possible outcome.
HARD WORKING AND ACCOUNTABLE
Do what it takes to deliver accurately and on time
Dedicated to the success of our company, clients, service providers, and co-workers.
HONESTY & INTEGRITY
There’s never a doubt. Do the right thing.
Tegrete is proud to be a certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE).
Tegrete provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegrete complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Tegrete expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
Improper interference with the ability of Tegrete's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Offers of employment are conditioned on receipt of a background check report that is acceptable to Tegrete. All background checks are conducted in conformity with the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, state and federal privacy and anti-discrimination laws, and any other applicable state and federal law.